Friday, January 8, 2010

Adalbert (Wojciech) Mezynski

Adalbert (Wojciech) Mezynski (b. 1812-1872) was probably born in the county of Posen in the vicinity of Czeszewo, where his parents Adalbertus Mezynski and Hedvigis Suchorska were married. At the time of his birth, Adalbert's family would have been subjects of the Duchy of Warsaw, a client state of Napoleon's France. However, by 1815, the Posen lands were once again part of the Kingdom of Prussia, and the area was known as the Grand Duchy of Posen.Two siblings of Adalbert were said to be Josepho and Margaritha.

 
Adalbert was a miller and owned gristmills and a store in the village of Bardo. The Mezynski mills were windmills and provided flour for the surrounding area.


He married Catharina Kozielec (b. c1815) in 1834.

While living in Bardo, Adalbert and Catahrina had the following children:
 
Catharina (b. c1834)

Franciscus (b. c1843)
Ignatz (b. c1844)
Mikolaj (b. 1849-1925)
Antonina (b. 1852)
Magdalena (b. 1856)

Marianna (b. 1862)

Daughter Catharina married Casimirus Dziąbowa (b. c1837) in 1862 in Biechowo. They had a son Lorenz, who was born in 1876 and died on 28 Jun 1877, according to Stanley Mezynski.


Franciscus married Antonina Budziak (b. c1855), daughter of Thomas and Martianna, in 1874 in Gniezno.

A Nicolaus (Mikolaj) Mezysnki (b. c1850) married Michaline Debicka (b. c1856) in Gozdowo in 1874.


Antonina married Franciscus Cabanski (b. c1848) in Gniezno in 1876. 

Also according to Stanley, Magdalena married Pioman Felka on 1 Oct 1877 in Oblaczkowo. According to the Poznan Project records, a Magdalena married a Romanus Felka in 1877 in Bardo.

Marianna married Theodorus Tomaszewski (b. 1858) in 1881 in Gniezno.

According to Stanley Mezynski, Antonina's daugther Staislawa was said to have been born on 10 Apr 1875 and died on 14 May 1875. This may have been the daughter of Franciscus Mezynski and Antonina Budziak. Fransiscus and Antonina also had a daughter Marianna (b. 1877) who married Matthias Debicki in Gniezno in 1898.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm Cor Stijvers from Holland.I'm a dutchman.
My grandmother was Joanna Mezynski(her girlname).
She lived in Gniezno near Poznan.
My cousins in poland have the name mezynski.

I'm searching my roots too.
The miller Mariam mezynski I discovered this summer in Poland.
I think there can be a link to the little village Mezynin in Podlasie (east Polend.)My cousin send me a letter with these fact. More I don't know yet. I not yet known from where he has these facts.
The Menzynski familly around Gniezno are still farming.
greeting from Cor Stijvers.
I like to become more information.
Nederhorstdenberg, The Nederlands

Me said...

Thanks for your comment Cors! I am always excited to connect with Mezynski cousins. Please add another comment with your email so that I can contact you directly. I will keep your email confidential. Thanks!